If you have experienced a loss from Hurricane Florence, please perform the actions below prior to being contacted by our adjuster:
- Make temporary repairs to prevent further damage – reasonable expenses are generally covered by the policy.
- Repair small losses up to $5,000.
- Prepare an inventory of destroyed personal property. If possible, please do not discard these items until you have spoken with the adjuster.
- Take photographs of any damage before repairing or replacing it.
- Keep all receipts and invoices make copies for the adjuster.
- Please delay permanent repairs over $5,000 until the adjuster inspects the damage.
- Select a contractor and obtain an estimate to repair the damage. We recommend that an insured avoid signing a contractor’s proposal until coverage is determined.